On 15/9/2015, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has officially issued the ISO 9001: 2008 standard to replace ISO 9001: 2008 standard.....
Providing a safe and healthy workplace environment, minimizing the risk of labor accidents are a huge concern of all organizations around the world. The new international standard for occupational health and safety ISO 45001: 2018 was created to protect employees, provide a safe workplace environment, as well as protect the reputation and development of an organization.
ISO 45001 is an international standard that has regulations on the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system. This standard allows organizations to proactively improve OH&S performance in preventing risks and workplace injuries and health damage.
The first version of ISO 45001 was OHSAS 18001, then revised and renamed to ISO 45001: 2018. Organizations which were already certified to OHSAS 18001 will have three years to comply with the new ISO 45001 standard, although certification of conformity to ISO 45001 is not a requirement of the standard.
All types, properties, any organization, any scale can apply ISO 45001.
The ISO 45001: 2018 standard set allows an organization to integrate other aspects of health and safety through its OH&S management system such as health care / welfare of employees; However, it should be noted that an organization may be required by applicable legal requirements to address such issues.
Occupational health and safety protection is a central focus of ISO 45001. So what are the goals of ISO 45001?
The ISO 45001 standard based on the OH&S Management System allows organizations to improve their OH&S performance by:
- Developing and implementing policies and goals through OH&S
- establishing legal and other requirements to each business to calculate the risks that may occur so that potential impacts can be controlled and minimized
- Enterprises certified ISO 45001: 2018 will help raise awareness about the organization's OH&S risk
- Evaluating OH&S performances and finding ways to improve those performances through appropriate activities
- Ensuring that employees are always proactive in OH&S issues
Applying this ISO 45001 will increase the reputation of your business as a safe workplace, the product is made in a guaranteed environment and has many direct benefits such as:
- Meet the requirements of legal compliance
- Minimize unnecessary labor costs
- Reduce time and costs of the interrupting in operations
- Reduce insurance costs for employees
- Reduce absenteeism and the rate of employee turnover
- Acnowledeged by the international standard (may impact on customers who care about social responsibility)
Customers who have applied the OH&S management system let us know that they have been benefited in the following ways:
KNA provides a variety of services for businesses on Training, Evaluating certificate, Training on Occupational Safety, Conformity with standards, helping businesses easily manage through a service hub.
KNA commits and takes professional responsibility as a prestigious service provider, thereby confirming the quality of the KNA service provided.
By providing many services to customers at the same time, KNA ensures the most reasonable cost for the KNA’s provided services.
KNA is constantly conscientious to each customer, always supporting and listening to the feedback of customers who need ISO 45001: 2018 certification.