ISO 14001 is the first environment management system to be in recognition. It is widely used in order to control and reduce negative impact by enterprises on environment.
BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF ISO 14001
WHAT IS ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is a set of standards on environment published by International Standardization Organization (ISO) to help organizations and enterprises reduce environmentally negative impacts and regularly improve environmental activities. ISO 14000 includes environment-related aspects such as environmental management system, product life cycle evaluation, organic label, greenhouse gas determination…
Environmental management system ISO 14001 targets to any form of organization: business, hospital, non-financial organization, etc who desire to implement or improve their environmental management system. It can be applied in manufacturing and service bodies, businesses as well as non financial organizations.
WHAT DOES ISO 14001 COVER?
ISO 14001 mainly covers these following aspects:
- Environmental management system
• Environmental audit
• Prevent pollution
• Brand and Environmental claims
• Evaluation of environmental practices.
• Clear specification of the important role of environment and hazards caused by environment.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001
Here are the benefits that ISO 14001: 2015 (Replacement for ISO 14001: 2004) brings to businesses:
- Help organizations / businesses to identify and manage environmental issues in a comprehensive way;
• Take control to ensure that it meets the requirements of environmental legislation;
• Prevent risks and damages from environmental incidents.
• Pollution prevention: ISO 14001: 2015 targets sustainable development by minimizing waste, conserving energy, and using new environmentally friendly materials. Reducing waste means reducing wastage, emissions or solid waste. Not only that, many of concentrations of wastage, emissions or solid waste are substantially reduced. Low concentration and amount of waste leads to lower expense. By that, it helps to handle more efficiently and prevent pollution.
- BRANDING BUILDING
- Enhance the image of the organization / enterprise to consumers and communities.
- Achieve competitive advantage: More and more businesses apply this environmental management system to their businesses.
• Demonstrate compliance with the law: Effective treatment will help fulfill the standards set by law and, therefore, enhance the credibility of the business.
• Build trust among stakeholders: The EMS is aimed at satisfying the aspirations of many stakeholders such as employees, the public, customers, financial institutions, insurance, shareholders who influence the prosperity of the organization and valuable belief.
• International integration: This is very useful for organizations targeting foreign markets in the context of deepening international economic integration. Applying for ISO 14001 certification is voluntary and can not be used as a non-tariff barrier of any country importing goods from other countries.
Application of EMS helps save input materials such as: Water, energy, chemicals. This savings is meaningful in the context of scaring materials (electricity, coal, gasoline) nowadays.
ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
Like ISO 9001, the ISO 14001 certification process is similar, including the following phase:
- Phase 1: Initial assessment and review
- Phase 2: Develop and implement a documental system
- Phase 3: Review of the system
- Stage 4: Certification
- Consult and apply ISO 14001: 60-90 days
- ISO 14001 certification: from 15 to 30 days
Each ISO 14001 certificate is valid for 3 years in which 2 audit will be conducted. After validation time, the organization must implement recertification.
KNA CERT offers qualified and reliable certification of ISO 14001:2015 nationally. For training and certifying, contact us via:
Contact: KNA Cert Co., Ltd
Centre: 11th floor, Ladeco Building, 266 Doi Can street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi
Tell: 093.2211.786 – 02438.268.222
Email: email@example.com Website: www.knacert.com.vn