The word "CE" in CE label must be appropriate for the prescribed rate, can be directly labeled on products or packaging. Regardless of the size of "CE" symbol,....
Question 1: How should the CE mark be marked?
The word "CE" in CE label must be appropriate for the prescribed rate, can be directly labeled on products or packaging. Regardless of the size of "CE" symbol, the percentage must remain the same. "CE" mark is placed vertically and its size is allowed to be less than 5 milimeters. "CE" mark must be placed at the range which is not obscured by other logos.
Question 2: Which products need CE label?
In many product safety directives, European Conference announces that products covered by these guidelines must use CE labels to prove compliance with regulations, there are about 20 guidelines like that such as low voltage (LVD), electromagnetic compatibility instructions (EMC), instructions for medical products (MDD), etc.
Specifically, the units that produce the following products must have CE marks when exporting to European countries:
- Single pressure devices. - Machine.
- Electromagnetic compatibility. - Fireworks.
- Personal protective equipment. - Yachts.
- Medical devices for subcutaneous implant. - Elevators.
- Noise in environment. - Measurement tools.
- Cables to transport people. - Medical devices.
- Gas Energy Equipment. - Low Voltage.
- Refrigerators and freezers for civil use. - Weighing tools.
- In vitro diagnostic medical devices. - Pressure tools.
- In vitro diagnostic medical devices. - Safe toys.
- Products related to eco-design for energy. - Civil explosives.
- Protective equipment and systems used in potentially explosive atmosphere. - Hot steam boiler.
CE is not required for goods concerning chemicals, textile and food.
Question 3: Which countries are CE mark compulsory?
Member countries of EU all must apply regulations of CE brand, embracing Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. Non-members of EU but in European economic region also have mandatory requirements of CE brand such as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Question 4: Who decides the validity of CE certificate?
Most electrical and electronic products meeting LVD and EMC directives can be marked "CE" and can apply the first of 8 certification methods, this is self-declaration method.
This is the reason why there is the appearance of series of CE certification organizations and CE certificates, how to confirm that a certificate can be accepted by Europe? If CE-marked products do not meet European technical requirements, enterprises or importers must be responsible (i.e. who sells it on the market and who is responsible for the product), not a third party (certification agency).
During the process of CE Certification, businesses did not accept their responsibilities but thought that obtaining the CE certification would be no longer a problem, this mistake was due to wrong instructions of CE certification agency for enterprises.
Question 5: What are main responsibilities of the third party (intermediaries or accreditation bodies) in CE certification?
The third party's main responsibility is to conduct inspections for the business, also help companies to complete technical data (TCF), including mechanical drawings, electrical circuit diagrams, list of on-board electrical equipment and machine manuals. TCF is valid for 10 years, when we want to adjust TCF, the third party is required to have knowledge of products' performance, European standards including European regulations, and high technical ability of the party.
Question 6: How many types of CE certificates?
- CE certificates have now the following types:
- Declaration of conformity/ Declaration of compliance. This certificate is self-declared by enterprises, not by the third party (Intermediaries or Certification and Accreditation Organization).
- Certificate of compliance. Certificate of compliance is issued by the third party and attached to Testing Report and other TCF technical information. Simultaneously, enterprises should issue "Certificate of compliance".
- EC Attestation of conformity. This certificate is awarded by EU Certification Organization (Notified Body - NB) and according EU's regulations, only NB has the right to issue EC Type of CE.
Question 7: Are three certificates valid?
If you do not use self-declaration, instead, European Certification Organization (Notified Body, NB) checked and awarded company certificate, the company has no need to "Self-declare conformity" for compliance product.
CE certificate issued by Certification Organization NB will have no problems concerning validity. However, the third party issued CE certificate whose validity was determined by enterprises or sellers basing on data precision, data adequacy, technical capacity and reputation of the third company in the last analysis.
Generally, European Laboratory Accreditation Body or National Accreditation Organization for Laboratory Accreditation (CNAL) of ISO/ IEC 17025 recognized laboratories to be reliable and capable to meeting customers' demands.
Question 8: Can CE issue a separate certificate for an directive?
Products that fully meet CE-related directives, third-party agencies (intermediaries or accreditation and certification agencies) can issue compliance certificates. Some agencies of the third party are not capable of experimenting on EMC, LVD compliance should be checked and CE mark certificate will be awarded. This is a mistake because it can result in "products which are not suitable for CE's requirements". In this case, certification organizations only can certify CE certificate which does not contain CE mark, or make a testing report as a technical basis for enterprises' self-declaration. Companies can experiment on EMC in other laboratories to confirm suitability for standards then issue "Declaration of suitability".
If you are researching on CE MARKING, the following set of documents are necessary for you to apply to your enterprises. KNA sends to you: Here.
To have CE Marking consultation, please contact with KNA Cert.