The assurance of food safety and sanitation is essential for the health protection of consumers. Therefore, government and international standards were established with a view to controlling food safety systems for processing and producing enterprises. IFS Food is one of these standards - the highest set of standards in food industry at present.
1. What is IFS?
IFS stands for International Food Standard. IFS was issued by Global Food Initiative (GFSI). GFSI organization was established from Global Food Business Forum in 2000 in Europe.
Main elements of IFS are:
- Food safety management system.
- Good farming practices/ good manufacturing practices/ good trading practices.
When organizations establish and meet IFS standards, organizations have the food safety management system to create a working environment which can reduce risks concerning food safety so products are safer to satify customers' demands and comply with the law.
2. Which objects were applied?
Objects which were applied this set of standards are like ISO 22000. Objects include all organizations regardless of types, places and scopes of factories. This standard is optional and focuses on food safety management.
3. What are advantages of the application of IFS?
- Products are safe for consumers.
- IFS gains a competitiveness advantage, enhances brand image and widely exports products to other countries.
- The application helps enterprises to save their expense, increase their revenue and reap ample profit.
- IFS helps enterprises to undo work which belongs to leaders' affairs. IFS helps leaders to have plenty of time to concentrate on implementing broader strategy.
- Activities are systematic, members are unite in work and create together friendly environment.
- The application of IFS can boost productivity.
IFS pre-audit contact information: KNA Certification Co., Ltd.
- Headquarter: 11th floor, Ladeco Building, 266 Doi Can Street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi.
- Branch: 6th floor, Cavi Building, 67 Dinh Bo Linh Street, Ward 26, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Tell: 093.2211.786 - 02438.268.222.
- Email: email@example.com Website: www.knacert.com.vn