Thanks to their application of Food Safety Management model according to ISO 22000, Bao An Trading and Service Investment and Development JSC minimized their co...
What is ISO?
ISO: International Organization for Standardization. (The International Organization for Standardization)
History of ISO
- ISO was established in 1947.
- Its headquarter is in Geneva.
- It has been applied in more than 150 countries.
- Vietnam has been an official member since 1977 and now elected to ISO executive committee.
What is ISO 9000?
- A set of standard of quality management.
- Set out rules of management.
- Focus on prevention/ improvement.
- Only make requirements that need satisfying.
- Apply all kinds of organizations regardless of scope or production models/ services.
The set of ISO 9000 standard embraces:
ISO 9000: Quality management system - Basis and terminologies of ISO 9001:2015 Quality management system - Requirements of ISO 9004:2000 Quality management system - Instructions on how to improve effectively ISO 19011:2002 Instructions on how to assess quality and environmental management system.
Which organizations need to build Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015? 2015?
- Organizations want to perform its role in providing products sustainably to meet customers' and regulatory demands.
- Organizations desire to gain customers' satisfaction.
- Organizations need to make a continuous improvement in business results to achieve goals.
- Increase in revenue, develop products, reduce damaged products and waste.
ISO 9001:2015 requirements need controlling 2015
1- Document and file control.
Control internal and external document system, data company.
2- Leadership responsibility
- Commited by leadership
- Oriented by customers
- Establishment of quality policies and quality goals for departments
- Determine responsibility, power for each title
- Establish an internal information exchange system
- Consider leaders' perspectives
3- Resource management
- Resource provision
- Plan for products
- Determine needs relating to customers.
- Control design
- Control purchase
- Control production and provide services
- Control measuring device
5- Measurement, assessment and analysis
- Measure customers' satisfaction
- Assess internal affairs
- Follow and measure processes
- Follow and measure products
- Control inappropriate products
- Analyze data
- Corrective action
- Preventive action